Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Loyal Union Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts

I went to an estate sale and bought what I thought was a block of the month set of civil war fabric and patterns.  When I got home it was missing four months of patterns and fabric.  So I decided to make a sampler instead I chose the Loyal Union Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts.  It was certainly a challenge for me.  I had never done a Y seam or blocks that had 40 some pieces and only 6.5 inches! Four months later I had completed the quilt.  It has a wool batting and and a backing that actually matches some fabric in the quilt ( it was in the package from the estate sale). I paper pieced the flying geese border.I presented it to my nephew Richard who has also recently started his teaching career in Wisconsin.  I am very proud of this quilt and am happy that he will be able to love it and cherish it for a life time!

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful...I'm sure he's very proud of you and the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete