Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Friday, April 11, 2014

Yippee, I have arrived - truly first paid commission - Moons in the Windows.


 For the Moons in the Window quilt - I used batiks in the blue and orange-yellow families for that part of the quilt and a nice background.  I added another row (not on the pattern) to the bottom and top row,  and added a solid matching border to all sides to make it bigger. The original pattern called for a 61 inch square and I wanted a rectangle.

Alva wanted to use polyester batting and I used Hobbs.  Everything quilted up really nice using Superior's clear thread on top and their Bottom Line on the backside.  I haven't gotten passed  meandering and I am glad that everyone likes that for their quilts.


Needless to say, Alva was elated with her custom made quilt.  I also received a substantial tip which was super!

It was really nice to be paid for doing something that I love to do.  The money I earned was my Spring Break spending money as I went to visit my daughter in Redmond, WA and my other daughter from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada flew down to see us all and my sister from out by Mount Baker, WA came in too.  It was so nice to have my family together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment