Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Another Scrappy Burgoyne Surrounded


While I was in Canada, I worked with an amazing Kinder teacher
by the name of Gail Hegquist.  I think I was in her class for
 7 of the 17 years I spent as a School and Support Worker.
Her daughter, Alana met a wonderful man from the Netherlands last year,
 and they had a small wedding ceremony in the early Spring.
This summer when I was making my teacher friend, Heather's wedding quilt;
I knew I would have enough materials to make another
Burgoyne Surround quilt for this couple also.
I added a blue border for Christiaan's heritage and I
was so pleased with how it turned out.
I hope the newly married couple will spend many happy nights
under the quilt.

1 comment: