Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Monday, May 27, 2013

Wow, I am really behind on my picture posting - so here is goes :)


This pattern is called "Welcome Spring" and is from the Moda Bake Shop.  It is made with jelly roll strips and yardage.  I used the Serpentine stitch on my machine for the straight line quilting.  I was inspired by a similar quilt posted on the quilting forum I frequent,  www.quiltingboard.com .  The quilt was for a co-worker's daughter.




This quilt for a baby boy is from a pattern called Enigma.  I had purchased a fat quarter collection at the 7 Sisters Quilt Show in San Luis Obispo last month with the intent of making a co-worker's quilt as her baby shower present.  I love the bright colors!  I have it draped over the rocking chair that my daughter Jessica and I rescued from the curb on garbage day.  I think I will skip the draping effect in the future and go back to flat pictures.
 

 
Below is a Shadowbox quilt I made for my sister, Barbara.  Hopefully, she doesn't come to the blog and spoil her surprise waiting for her when she comes in a few weeks.  As usual, there are coordinating pillowcases :)  Mistakes are part of the quilting process, and there is one in this quilt but it doesn't take away from the beauty of the quilt at all.  This was made with a collection of fabric from my best quilting friend Clara.

 
This a another Shadowbox - truly this was the trial quilt and it has no errors - go figure.  Anyways, our classroom teacher Malikah is leaving us next month for new teaching adventures and this is her farewell quilt.  I bought this pattern on a bus trip with my quilting guild a few years ago, and had totally forgotten about it until I saw a post on the quilting forum I visit.  It was the first pattern I ever purchased. Most of the fabric for this quilt was from a fat quarter set bought at Tuesday Morning - yep they have fabric there sometimes.



1 comment:

  1. They look awesome! And the mistake is kind of perfect, like a signature!

    ReplyDelete