Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I love that quilters on the internet are so supportive of each other :) aka I needed a Bugs Jelly Roll by Stripz

A few years ago I made my two beautiful granddaughters in Canada super twin sized quilts for their beds using a bug themed jelly roll that I had picked up at Tuesday Morning cheap.  Kaitlyn and McKenna share a room and I being the grandmother that lives far away wanted them to have something else from Grampa and I with them so they can remember us between visits.
So I made them each a quilt which has already been posted here on the blog


Now last year Gemma was born and I started my elusive search for the same jelly roll so that she too will have something similar to her sisters.  I was not having any luck at all finding the Bugs jelly roll but ....




I decided to post my request on the Quilting Board Forum that I belong to. Judy from Virginia answered my plead and at this very moment our respective parcels are flying through the air cross country to each other :)
Judy is working on a charm quilt and needed some green fabric (golly gee isn't green one of my favourite colours!) and I emailed here that I would cut WOF 2.5 inch strips from my stash and send them to her and she said that would be great and thanked me for making this such an easy swap.  Little did I know that I had over 50 different shades of green in my stash, and I threw in some small squares of olive green from another project I had done.

So a great big thank you to Judy in Virginia for making my wishes a reality!

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for the awesome internet quilters. I would never have met you otherwise and had that fantastic time in Anaheim!

    ReplyDelete