Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wow, I can't believe that it is over a month since I wrote anything new.  With the start of the new school year and lots of projects to work on things just go by the wayside.  However, I am ready, willing and able to
share a few new things with you.
A Light Light to Sew By :)
My sewing space was once a garage, and it has one window and only one double set of wall plugs and no ceiling lights.  I have been struggling with clip on lights, free standing Ott lights, desk Ott lights but try as I might I haven't been able to achieve a decent sewing light.  With winter fast approaching and the amount of day light decreasing I was determined to find a light to sew by.  Off to Lowes I went two weeks ago to get a new Ott light for the HD reading light we have in the living room.  While I could not find a light bulb for that light, I did spy this hanging garage light that plugs into the wall. Now the garage does not have a proper ceiling, but rather ceiling tiles and I debated on whether or not I could hang a  suspended light over my sewing table.  I threw caution to the wind and brought it home - light fixture and day light bulbs  cost just over $20.00.  I screwed the toggle bolts into the ceiling tile and hung it up - while I will replace the toggle bolts with ceiling hanging hooks for now all is good!  I think I will have to get different chain as the one supplied will not work with the ceiling hooks (like for hanging plants from)
I am very pleased to say that the light is amazing and I can sew after dark with no trouble.  The heat put off by the light will be nice in the colder weather also as the garage is unheated, but it really doesn't get too cold down there for me - this is southern California :)


No comments:

Post a Comment