Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Fireplace Quilt

 Here is my summer addition to "let's try and disguise and ugly fireplace" quilts.  This shall be the month of August quilt.  The fabric is from the Summer Breeze collection by Moda.  It was
 originally intended for my youngest daughter's guest room, but after some discussion it was
decided these weren't her colours.
 I used my little twister template and a charm pack, Moda White yard and some blue paisley yardage. I used some of the scraps to make a 9 patch in each corner instead
of tossing the scraps in the every growing scrappy quilt pile.
I should have used a darker square in the upper right hand corner to define the quilt center more dramatically, but what the heck looks good to me.  I used a poly batting to try
and give it an illusion of clouds - you see the clouds right?

No comments:

Post a Comment