Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Saturday, May 19, 2012

My girlfriend retired yesterday from the county after 38 years!


I made this quilt for my g/f Barbara Jones, she request the colors red, black and white. The pattern is called The Magic Carpet Ride and I used jelly rolls and yardage. I FMQ it with a variegated thread in those colors also. I made 4 coordinating pillowcases and used left over material to make a ribbon bow and used one of the pillowcases to wrap it all up!





It is almost King Size - Perhaps an extra long Queen

 I really like the backing - it was on clearance for $ 2.49 a yard and 2 of the pillowcases are in the same material with black trim the other 2 are like the "wrapping paper"

 Here you can really see the variegated thread.  I love using variegated thread - I personally believe it makes the quilt "pop"
The pillowcase easily held the other three pillowcases and the long scrap of material created the ribbon bow.  I folded over the short ends of the fabric and ran a seam and then put the wrong sides together length wise and ran a straight seam - nothing fancy but totally effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment