Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A quilt for a niece in Virginia

This is one of six quilts for our nieces and a sister-in-law in Virginia.  It is a variation of the French Reel by Moda.  I used a skinnier light color between the strips.  It is composed of  2 sets of fat quarters that I bought at Tuesday Morning and some other colors from my stash.  I really like the backing, it is called Kimono and is from a Connecting Threads collection - I bought it for $ 2.47 a yard on clearance!  I meandered with Free Motion quilting using  an Orange Spice polyester thread from Connecting Threads - I think I used over 2000 yards of thread :)
There are two coordinating pillowcases to go with the quilt.  I have completed the tops for 5 of the 6 and am awaiting some supplies to do the last one. I am looking forward to having this project all completed!




This bag and matching tissue holder is for my good friend and fellow quilter, Clara.  We are going out for Mexican tomorrow night to celebrate her 68th birthday!  I hope she likes it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment