Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Some past quilts


This is a Square Upon a Square
from my quilt of the month collection  - this is March and is still up!

Another quilt from the quilt of the month collection
this is a Beacon Lights pattern - I call it Northern Lights due to the colours


 I made this for my SIL - Jinny in Virginia
it is from a jelly roll and my stash and is a version of the
Court House Steps

 This is a Magic Square Block quilt with sashing
The stripes vary from 1 to 3 inches in width and came from
my scraps and some fabric samples picked up on a quilting bus trip, then I
used a 12.5 inch square to make them all the same size.
This quilt was for our special needs niece in Virginia
Jerica who is aging out of school. I made two matching pillowcases
in bright yellow with neon blue and pink trim.


 I found this "Mosaic" pattern of the internet. I don't know if
I missed something but I had to make some alteration to
the pattern to make it work.  You can't see it in the photo
but I know it is there - it was made with mostly Kaufman fabric.

This is a work in progress called Grandmother Flower Garden.
It is English paper piecing.  It was great to travel with and I made a lot of the hexies while my beloved husband Carnell had three trips to the hospital.  I am so sick of it!
I am zigzagging them together and then I will figure out how
to finish it off.



No comments:

Post a Comment